Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spotted: Soup Sense

let them eat soup

Rock'n'roll is dream soup. What's your brand?
- Patti Smith

I'd been hearing a rumble that a fledgling soup enterprise CSA (community supported agriculture...er, soup, natch) was soon to roll into town (on bike wheels, of course.) Excited to see that both my home and my office were on the soup route (identified as Souplandistan on the map), I looked forward to the grand voyage. At the Hawthorne Street Fair, I came face-to-face with the Soup Cycle mastermind, and wouldn't you know it, it was my old next-door-neighbor, Jed. He's a really nice guy and quite a cook. And what's better than fresh, warm soup during Portland's grey season?

3 comments:

Sarah O. said...

Why does Jed always beat me to the wiliest money-making schemes? First selling coats off his porch and now this. Damn you, Jed! Now make me some soup!

Tai said...

Just another reason why Portland is the greatest city ever!

Unknown said...

The soup Nazi! In Portland! Let me know how it is!